Saturday, May 02, 2020

Day 50 and Out of Lockdown

Day 50 and
Out of lockdown
And so today I had my first walkout in 50 days and you can guess where I headed to for some birding, it been that long since I've been out birding my focus wheel on my bins had gone stiff.
So I set off about 8 o'clock not expecting to see much but it felt good to get out birding.
I've never been so pleased to see a Purple Heron drift by,  and in one binocular view I had almost all the Herons, Grey, Purple, Squacco, Night, little Bitten, little Egret, and Cattle Egret, 
Bee-eaters flew overhead with a good number of Pallid Swift, Red-rumped Swallow, and Barn Swallow, on the water Marbled Duck, Red-crested Pochard  
White-headed Duck, Pochard, Whiskered Tern, Purple swamp Hen, Mallard Duck, quite a few male summer Little Grebe a single Common Sandpiper.

Great reed Warblers cracking off here and there, as well as Nightingales in full song, and Water Rails squealing away, surprise bird was at least 5 Bonellis Warblers doing their little rattley contact song, moving through to higher ground no doubt, and 2 Melodious Warblers singing there heads off.
Also seen 5 Woodchat Shrike, Iberian green Woodpecker, 1 Turtle Dove, Stone Curlew, 20 Mediterranean Gulls,
Small birds seen.
Linnet, Serin, Green Finch, Gold Finch,  Sardinian Warblers, Fan-tailed Warbler, Crested Lark, 

Having not been out it looks like everybody got the same idea and are getting out, joggers, cyclists, dog walker, etc, 

Anyway nice to get out and see some birds,
Next time I'll have the camera with me.
Cheers Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment