Thursday, December 24, 2020

2nd Day of Winter?



Wednesday 23nd 

The second day of winter but you wouldn't think so, down to tie shirts and jeans by mid-morning and looking for Tonn the Great Spotted Eagle beautifully blue skies sunny and clear. It's been an interesting morning birdng (6 hours)

It was cool to say the least when we started and on out travels around to the area where Tonn is frequently seen.

These are just some of the birds that managed to find us on our way around 

Sanderling 

Some great view of Reed Bunting, 6+Spoodbill, a few Great white Egret,

Sandwich Terns, Kingfishers, Lesser black-backed Gull, Kentish Plover, 2 Spotted Redshank, one of these had a wash and brush up in fount of us, 3 Redshank, some Dublin, Sanderling and Little Stint, European Snipe,  a big Ascension of Skylark,

Spotted Redshank

Spotted Redshank

Spotted Redshank

Most impressive was the number's of Marsh Harriers and Booted Eagles probably 30 + birds of each spieces to be honest it could of been lots more I'd stopped counting by then.  One of the towers hides at Sante Aguada appears to be back in action which helps as it a 180-degree vista across El Hondo.


European Snipe

But another no sign of the missing one (Tonn)

I've had a go at the alignment of Jupiter and Saturn and the Moon there was a bit too much light pollution for me as the planets are low In the southwestern sky



Thank you to everyone that visited my blog it's getting popular now and with over 21.000 hits.

I'll be resuming my Birding Tours as soon as possible after Covid 19 contact me for info.

Which just leave me to wish everybody a Very Merry Christmas

Watch out for my review of this year's of Birding Costa Blanca some new photos of birds seen thoughout the year

This Kestrel dropped in my garden yesterday to close to get all the bird in so just a head shot

 Kestrel

Have a Great Christmas

Jingle bell jingle bells jingle all the way

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas and all that stuff

Have fun and stay safe 

Cheers BT











No comments:

Post a Comment