Monday, January 21, 2019

Super Blood Wolf Moon Eclipse



Id not planed to get up and photograph this event but I was awake around 4 pm. I took a look out the window at the Moon thinking it was going to be cloudy and to my surprise it was clear as a bell.  So I decided to give it a go.  I quickly got the camera gear organised and my sturdy Gitzo tripod ready. And set about recording the Super Blood Wolf Moon Eclipse.  The 1st part of getting the partial lunar eclipse images was easy, but at full eclipse it became much more difficult as I had to manual focus the lens which is not that simple as seams, as you have to allowing for the atmosphere and also my close vision is not that good. The full eclipse began at 0540
  







And so after an one an a half hours freezing, Id had enough, not really happy about the last image could do better maybe I'll try again tonight if its clear.


 As you can see it wasn't clear but nice and colourful sun set



Cheers Bryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment